Four Layer Hamburger and Macaroni Casserole is quite easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Frozen macaroni and cheese, ground beef and taco seasoning mix make a surprise-filled casserole enhanced with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and shredded Cheddar cheese. Each layer packs lots of zesty flavor.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) LEAN CUISINE frozen Macaroni and Cheese, defrosted*, divided
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons (half of 1.25-ounce package) taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup crushed baked potato chips or tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400º F.
COMBINE beef and seasoning mix in large, nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
COMBINE 1 package macaroni and cheese and sour cream in medium bowl; spread over bottom of 8-inch-square baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Spread remaining package macaroni and cheese over beef mixture; top with tomato, potato chips and cheese.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
* DEFROST macaroni and cheese in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 5 to 6 minutes.
Review This Recipe
This is a keeper
This was one of the first recipes I've tried from your website..My family loved it- It was different and they voted to definitely make it again. I substituted salsa for the tomatoes because my kids turn up noses at tomatoes. You can even spice it up with more of the taco seasoning.
Read More Reviews