Four Layer Hamburger and Macaroni Casserole is quite easy to make and perfect for any occasion. Frozen macaroni and cheese, ground beef and taco seasoning mix make a surprise-filled casserole enhanced with sour cream, crushed tortilla chips and shredded Cheddar cheese. Each layer packs lots of zesty flavor.
- 2 packages (10 ounces each) LEAN CUISINE frozen Macaroni and Cheese, defrosted*, divided
- 8 ounces lean ground beef
- 2 tablespoons (half of 1.25-ounce package) taco seasoning mix
- 2 tablespoons fat free sour cream
- 1/2 cup diced tomato
- 1/3 cup crushed baked potato chips or tortilla chips
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
PREHEAT oven to 400º F.
COMBINE beef and seasoning mix in large, nonstick skillet. Cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until beef is no longer pink.
COMBINE 1 package macaroni and cheese and sour cream in medium bowl; spread over bottom of 8-inch-square baking dish. Top with beef mixture. Spread remaining package macaroni and cheese over beef mixture; top with tomato, potato chips and cheese.
BAKE for 20 to 25 minutes or until bubbly around edges.
* DEFROST macaroni and cheese in microwave on MEDIUM (50%) power for 5 to 6 minutes.
Review This Recipe
My family LOVED this dish...
I made this for the first time tonight. I used boxed mac and cheese (I already had it) and used salsa in place of diced tomato.
My husband and oldest son said, "I don't know what you call that but you can make that as much as you like". That's a huge compliment. I will definately make this again..and double the batch next time.
Read More Reviews