This is one of the easiest and tastiest French Onion Soup recipes you'll find. It makes an elegant start to a meal.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 small onions, thinly sliced
- 5 1/2 cups warm water
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) diced Swiss cheese
- 6 slices French bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup (.75 ounce) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese
MELT butter in large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions; cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 to 17 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Stir in water, wine, bouillon and Worcesteshire sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover; cook for 20 minutes.
PREHEAT oven to 425° F.
LADLE soup into 6 oven-proof bowls. Top with diced Swiss cheese and slice of toast. Sprinkle with shredded Swiss cheese and Parmesan cheese.
BAKE for 10 to 15 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Review This Recipe
I had never made French Onion Soup before and found the recipe to be very easy. Our dinner party guests really enjoyed it. I will be making this recipe again.
Read More Reviews