Fricco Crackers & Pasta Tri-Color Salad with Caesar Vinaigrette
This elegant Fricco Crackers & Pasta Tri-Color Salad with Caesar Vinaigrette is a work of culinary art! The easy to make fricco crackers are made from Parmesan cheese.
Created by Chef Michael Chiarello.
- 1 package BUITONI Refrigerated Three Cheese Tortellini (9 oz.), prepared according to package directions
- 3/4 cup bottled Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1 container BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese (5 oz.), divided
- 1 head Belgian endive, separated into whole leaves
- 1 small head radicchio, separated into whole leaves, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- 2 cups (about 2 ounces total) lightly packed arugula, tough stems removed
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese into pan, creating an even, lace-thin layer. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until top surface of cracker is pale gold. Remove skillet from heat and allow cracker to firm up for 1 minute. Carefully turn cracker over with spatula. Return to heat and cook for 1 minute or until cracker is golden on second side. Using spatula, transfer cracker to paper towel to drain. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel and repeat 2 times with 1/3 cup cheese each time to make 3 large crackers.
ARRANGE endive, radicchio and arugula on 6 plates. Drizzle greens with remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Top with pasta; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
BREAK crackers into smaller pieces and use as garnish. Serve immediately.
Tip: Use a 5-ounce bag of packaged European blend salad greens in place of the endive, radicchio and arugula.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 330
- Calories from Fat: 190
- Total Fat: 21g (32% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (37% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13% of DV)
- Sodium: 950mg (40% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 17g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 25% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.