This elegant Fricco Crackers & Pasta Tri-Color Salad with Caesar Vinaigrette is a work of culinary art! The easy to make fricco crackers are made from Parmesan cheese.
Created by Chef Michael Chiarello.
- 1 package (9 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Three Cheese Tortellini, prepared according to package directions
- 3/4 cup bottled Caesar salad dressing, divided
- 1 container (5 ounces) BUITONI Refrigerated Freshly Shredded Parmesan Cheese, divided
- 1 head Belgian endive, separated into whole leaves
- 1 small head radicchio, separated into whole leaves, soaked in cold water for 1 hour
- 2 cups (about 2 ounces total) lightly packed arugula, tough stems removed
POUR 1/2 cup dressing over prepared pasta in medium bowl. Marinate in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
HEAT 8-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle 1/3 cup cheese into pan, creating an even, lace-thin layer. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until top surface of cracker is pale gold. Remove skillet from heat and allow cracker to firm up for 1 minute. Carefully turn cracker over with spatula. Return to heat and cook for 1 minute or until cracker is golden on second side. Using spatula, transfer cracker to paper towel to drain. Wipe skillet clean with paper towel and repeat 2 times with 1/3 cup cheese each time to make 3 large crackers.
ARRANGE endive, radicchio and arugula on 6 plates. Drizzle greens with remaining 1/4 cup dressing. Top with pasta; sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese.
BREAK crackers into smaller pieces and use as garnish. Serve immediately.
Tip: Use a 5-ounce bag of packaged European blend salad greens in place of the endive, radicchio and arugula.