Classic chocolate brownies with frosting. A good choice for bake sales, potlucks and casual entertaining.
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 3 packets (3 oz. total) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- FUDGE FROSTING
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 1 packet (1 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® CHOCO BAKE® Pre-Melted Unsweetened Chocolate Flavor
- 2 teaspoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sifted powdered sugar
COMBINE flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl. Beat sugar, butter, eggs, Choco Bake and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl until creamy. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in nuts. Spread into a greased 8-inch-square baking pan.
BAKE in preheated 350° F oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out still slightly sticky. Cool completely in pan on wire rack. Spread with Fudge Frosting.
FOR FUDGE FROSTING:
BEAT butter, Choco Bake, milk and vanilla extract in a small mixing bowl until well blended. Gradually beat in powdered sugar until creamy.
Review This Recipe
These are the best brownies I've ever had! I've never really baked before, but these came out terrific! Just the way I like em!
Read More Reviews