Frosty Vanilla Berry Cloud
Frosty Vanilla Berry Cloud is a mousse-like dessert using fresh berries, Greek yogurt and vanilla bean ice cream. To serve this understated dessert divide between 8 stemless wine glasses and top with additional berries.
- 3/4 pound fresh blackberries, raspberries and/or strawberries
- 1/2 cup superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice for each 1/4 cup of berry puree
- 2 cups plain fat free Greek yogurt
- 1 container (1.5 quarts) DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Vanilla Bean Ice Cream, softened slightly
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BLEND berry mixture in blender or food processor; strain into a bowl. Cool; stir in lemon juice. Can be prepared up to three days ahead and refrigerated until serving time.
FOLD yogurt into ice cream in a large mixing bowl until well blended. Mixture should be the consistency of a light mousse.
SLOWLY pour the berry mixture over the ice cream while gently stirring and lifting to create a ripple effect. Divide between 8 glass dishes or wine glasses; serve immediately with extra berries, if desired.
NOTE: Adjust the amount of sugar for cooking the berries according to how ripe they are. If berries are very ripe, they will need less sugar.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 11g (16% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (30% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (14% of DV)
- Sodium: 90mg (4% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 45g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 35g
- Protein: 9g
- Vitamin A: 15% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.