These versatile and adorable Frozen Butterfinger Cups are perfect treats for any occasion. Great as a dessert plate to be passed around or for a featured item on a dessert buffet. Kids and adults alike will love these tiny treats.
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons butter, at room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 to 2 cups (11.5- to 12-ounce package) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate or Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 12 pieces NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER BITES Candy or 3 Fun Size NESTLÉ BUTTERFINGER Candy Bars, finely chopped
- 24 (1 1/2 to 1 3/4 inches in diameter) mini paper baking cups
PLACE sugar, peanut butter, butter and salt in large mixer bowl. Beat until smooth. Stir in chopped Butterfinger.
PLACE morsels in large, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring until morsels are melted.
COAT inside sides and bottoms of baking cups with melted chocolate using a small spoon or paintbrush. Transfer cups to mini muffin tin(s); freeze for 10 minutes or until set.
REMOVE about one-third of chocolate cups from freezer. Spoon peanut butter mixture into cups, filling each about three-fourths full. Spoon melted chocolate over mixture, covering completely and filling cups to the top. Return to freezer; repeat with remaining cups. Freeze for 20 minutes or until set. Serve immediately or store in tightly covered plastic container in freezer for up to 2 weeks. To serve, remove from freezer and let cups stand for a few minutes. Peel off cup and serve cold.
HELPFUL HINTS: Cool chocolate for about 5 minutes after melting so that it is easier to work with. Set bowl of melted chocolate over pan of warm water (being careful not to get any water into the chocolate) to keep it a nice consistency for coating foil cups.
Review This Recipe
don't lay a finger on my butterfinger cups!
My son is a butterfinger-a-holic, and, when he saw this recipe, I didn't have any peace until I had made it! It was easy, but time consuming. The taste was great---we had not left-overs to share! I gave it a 4 because of the time factor. I will make it again, because my son really enjoyed it.
Read More Reviews