Indulge in icy chocolate decadence with this recipe for Frozen Hot Chocolate. Put a frosty twist on a warm winter favorite with this velvety blend of three different types of chocolate.
A delicious pool-side treat, this refreshing beverage will help beat the summer heat!
- 3 tablespoons superfine granulated sugar (or baking sugar)
- 1 envelope (2 to 3 tablespoons) Double Chocolate Meltdown, Rich Chocolate or Milk Chocolate Flavor NESTLÉ Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup each NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels and NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk, divided
- 4 cups ice cubes
- Whipped cream
PLACE sugar, cocoa mix and butter in top of double boiler that is set over gently boiling water. Stir frequently until melted and smooth paste forms. Add morsels; stir. When morsels begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup evaporated milk. Stir until smooth and velvety. Cool to room temperature.
PLACE chocolate mixture, remaining evaporated milk and ice in blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into individual glasses or bowls. Top each serving with a dollop of whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional chopped morsels, if desired. Serve with a straw and/or spoon.
Review This Recipe
Frozen Hot Chocolate
I LOVED THIS DRINK!!! It's easy to make and completely amazing. I am only 13 and am in love with starbucks and this was just like an iced drink from starbucks. This gave me great energy in the afternoon. I will be making this again. It's amazing
Read More Reviews