For a refreshing summer treat, try a fun take on lemonade with this recipe for a frozen lemonade pie. Pucker up and enjoy!
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 package (3 oz.) lemon-flavored gelatin
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup (3 to 4 lemons) fresh lemon juice
- 1 container (8 oz.) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 (9 oz.) prepared 10-inch graham cracker crumb crust
- 2 candied lemon half slices, cut into 8 wedges (optional)
MICROWAVE evaporated milk in medium bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 1 minute or until warm. Whisk in gelatin. Refrigerate uncovered for 30 minutes. Add lemon peel and juice; mix well. Gently whisk in 2 cups whipped topping. Pour into crust.
FREEZE for 4 hours. Dollop remaining 1 cup whipped topping around edge of pie. Top each dollop with lemon wedge. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes before serving.
• Sliced fresh lemon can be substituted for the candied lemon slices.
• 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk, 1 pkg. ( .3 oz.) sugar free lemon-flavored gelatin and sugar free whipped topping can be substituted. Prepare as above.
Review This Recipe
Took this over to neighbors for movie night, as our ac is on the fritz. Easy, refreshing. Tastes fake. My husband was taken aback when he heard I made it. He made a comment, he was shocked that I would make such a thing. Not my usually from scratch. He could tell it wasn't home made through and through. Not a keeper, my family didn't like it. They are just spoiled.
Read More Reviews