A layer of fruit preserves is nestled next to a layer of chocolate in these delectable bar cookies. Oats and almonds give them a chewy texture to offset the sweetness of the filling.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup raspberry, strawberry or apricot preserves
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- Powdered sugar (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 9-inch-square baking pan.
COMBINE flour, oats, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl. Cut in butter with pastry blender or 2 knives; reserve 1 cup oat mixture for topping. Press remaining oat mixture into prepared baking pan. Spread preserves over crust; sprinkle with morsels.
COMBINE reserved oat mixture with nuts; sprinkle over morsels. Pat down lightly.
BAKE for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack until chocolate is firm or refrigerate for 30 minutes to speed cooling. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
Review This Recipe
Great for breakfast!
I made these for an office breakfast and they went quicker than the cinnamon rolls! Have used this recipe many times and used different jams each time. Black Raspberry are my favorite!
Read More Reviews