Delicate, light meringue nests overflowing with fresh fruit and drizzled with warm chocolate sauce -- how could anyone resist?
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- CHOCOLATE SAUCE
- 2/3 cup (5 fl-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup (6 oz.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Pinch salt
- 3 cups fresh fruit or berries (whole blackberries, blueberries or raspberries, sliced kiwi, peaches or strawberries)
PREHEAT oven to 300º F. Lightly grease baking sheets.
BEAT egg whites, salt and cream of tartar in large mixer bowl until soft peaks form. Gradually add sugar; beat until sugar is dissolved. Gently fold in morsels. Spread meringue into ten 3-inch nests with deep wells about 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 35 to 45 minutes or until meringues are dry and crisp. Cool on baking sheets for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
FOR CHOCOLATE SAUCE:
HEAT evaporated milk to boiling in medium, heavy-duty saucepan. Stir in morsels. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture is slightly thickened and smooth. Remove from heat; stir in sugar, vanilla extract and salt.
DRIZZLE meringues with Chocolate Sauce and fill with fruit (whole blackberries, blueberries or raspberries, sliced kiwi, peaches or strawberries); serve immediately.
Review This Recipe
Fruit-Filled Chocolate Chip Meringue Nests
I made these for Easter. They were wonderful and very easy to make. Next time I make them I'll make a larger batch....they were gone in a flash. Thank you Nestle for the many delicious recipes you provide for all of us Very Best Bakers.
Read More Reviews