A fruited pilaf scented with chicken bouillon is a delightful accompaniment to any meal. This recipe adds elegance and tastes great too!
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 cups water
- 1/3 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cube
MELT butter in large skillet over medium heat; add rice and onion. Cook, stirring constantly, for 3 to 4 minutes or until rice is golden brown. Add water, apricots, raisins, sugar and bouillon. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and most of liquid is absorbed.
Review This Recipe
Nice as a side
While its own flavor was a little weak, this rice worked well as a compliment. Thankfully, it wasn't nearly as sweet as I was afraid it would be. Plus, it was easy and different.
Read More Reviews