Game Day Seared Steak Sandwiches
Touchdown! Beef up your game day party with hearty hoagies everyone will love. Topped with grilled onions and cheese, these delicious seared steak sandwiches are at the top of their game and sure to become a fan favorite.
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound (about 3/4-inch-thick) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Grilled onions (optional)
- Sliced Gruyère cheese (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
HEAT large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Add beef; cook for 4 minutes. Turn over; reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Place beef on cutting board (save skillet with drippings); cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
PLACE skillet with drippings over medium-high heat; add soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; boil, scraping bottom and side of skillet occasionally, for 2 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Thinly slice beef diagonally. Divide beef between hoagies; drizzle with sauce. Top with grilled onions and cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I made this recipe for superbowl and my husband and I really liked it. The coffee rub was great and I would recommend the grilled onions.
put it up one notch
i love to toast the hoagie halves in the pan first before the meat goes in. that gives the crust time to cool down a littlebit. the hoagie doesn't get mushy so quickly, when i put the slices and sauce on it.
Sauce was great, meat so tender, rub was excellent Will definitely do again. We put beef in the sauce for leftover next day - SUPER
Looks and sounds yummy will have to try this. Great for diabetics.
It was great
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (25% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 65mg (22% of DV)
- Sodium: 670mg (28% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 34g (11% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 3g
- Protein: 32g
- Vitamin A: 2% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 20% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.