Touchdown! Beef up your game day party with hearty hoagies everyone will love. Topped with grilled onions and cheese, these delicious seared steak sandwiches are at the top of their game and sure to become a fan favorite.
- 2 teaspoons NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika or chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pound (about 3/4-inch-thick) boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 4 hoagie rolls
- Grilled onions (optional)
- Sliced Gruyère cheese (optional)
COMBINE coffee granules, paprika, pepper and garlic powder in small bowl; stir until well blended. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of beef; let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes. Combine water, soy sauce, vinegar and sugar in small bowl; set aside.
HEAT large, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil; tilt pan to coat bottom evenly. Add beef; cook for 4 minutes. Turn over; reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Place beef on cutting board (save skillet with drippings); cover with foil. Let stand for 5 minutes.
PLACE skillet with drippings over medium-high heat; add soy sauce mixture. Bring to a boil; boil, scraping bottom and side of skillet occasionally, for 2 minutes or until reduced to about 1/4 cup. Thinly slice beef diagonally. Divide beef between hoagies; drizzle with sauce. Top with grilled onions and cheese.
Review This Recipe
Read More Reviews