When you’re feeling energetic enough to invite some friends over, consider this full-flavored Garden Gazpacho chilled vegetable soup. You can make and chill it ahead so there’s no last-minute fuss.
- 4 cups vegetable juice
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) peeled, seeded and chopped cucumbers
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Sour cream or plain yogurt (optional)
COMBINE vegetable juice, tomatoes with juice, lemon juice, oil, vinegar, garlic, hot pepper sauce, and black pepper in large bowl. Ladle into food processor or blender (in batches, if necessary); cover. Process until smooth.
POUR into soup tureen; add cucumbers, bell pepper, and onion. Stir in cilantro. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve. Serve with sour cream.