How delicious are these German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream Sundaes? Using German Chocolate Cake Ice Cream and an easy vanilla and coconut sauce, these sundaes make a great treat for kids and adults alike.
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg yolk, beaten
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 6 scoops DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND German Chocolate Cake Spectacular Ice Cream
- 1/3 cup whipped cream (optional)
- 6 maraschino cherries (optional)
COMBINE evaporated milk, sugar, egg yolk and butter in a large saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for about 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla extract, pecans and coconut. Pour into a bowl; cool to room temperature.
PLACE scoop of ice cream into each of 6 bowls; drizzle with topping. Garnish with whipped cream and cherries, if desired. Serve immediately.