Ginger Pavlovas with Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- Parchment paper
- 4 large egg whites, at room temperature
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 containers (14 ounces each) HÄAGEN-DAZS Butter Pecan Ice Cream
- 1/4 cup dulce de leche caramel
- Crushed gingersnap cookies (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BEAT egg whites and salt together in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment until glossy peaks form. With mixer running, add sugar in three additions, beating until meringue is stiff and glossy. Fold in cornstarch, ginger, vinegar and vanilla extract.
SPOON about ½ cup of meringue mixture onto the prepared baking sheet. Using a spoon, shape the meringue into a circle and with the back of the spoon, create a slight indent in the middle (this will hold the ice cream). Repeat with remaining meringue mixture, spacing about 2 inches apart. Place in oven and immediately reduce the temperature to 250° F.
BAKE for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn the oven off and keep the pavlovas in the oven for about 1 hour or until the oven has cooled down. The idea is to dry out the pavlova and not bake it any further.
PLACE one ice cream scoop in each pavlova. Drizzle with dulce de leche; sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies. Serve immediately.
Cook’s Tip: To make one 9-inch pavlova, spoon meringue mixture onto center of prepared baking sheet. Spread into a 9-inch circle, making a slight indent in the center to hold the ice cream. Bake as above. To serve, spoon ice cream into center. Drizzle with dulce de leche; sprinkle with crushed gingersnap cookies.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/9 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 9
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from Fat: 170
- Total Fat: 19g (29% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 9g (44% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 70mg (23% of DV)
- Sodium: 130mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 47g (16% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: .5g (3% of DV)
- Sugars: 44g
- Protein: 6g
- Vitamin A: 8% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 15% of DV
- Iron: 2% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.