Refreshing and elegant this Gingered Key Lime-White Chip Cookie Tart is the perfect ending to a springtime dinner. This 1st Prize winning recipe was developed by Ginnie Prater of Jacksonville, AL and combines a light buttery crust with a tasty lime filling that’s both sweet and tart!
- CRUST *
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1 1/4 cups sliced almonds, toasted, divided
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- LIME CREAM FILLING
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1 drop green liquid food coloring
- 1 teaspoon unflavored gelatin
- 1 pkg. (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- Fresh lime slices or zest from fresh lime
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease 14-inch pizza pan.
COMBINE flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Beat butter, granulated sugar and powdered sugar in large mixer bowl. Beat in egg and almond extract. Gradually bet in flour mixture until well blended. With clean hands, mix in 1 1/2 cups morsels, 1 cup almonds and ginger. Spread dough evenly on bottom of prepared pan; build up sides of dough at edge of pan. Place piece of foil on rack below pan to catch drippings.
BAKE for 22 to 25 minutes or golden brown. Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
FOR LIME CREAM FILLING:
COMBINE lime juice and food coloring. Sprinkle gelatin over juice mixture. Let stand at least 10 minutes.
BEAT cream cheese and sugar in small mixer bowl until smooth. Gradually beat in juice mixture on low speed. Spoon filling over tart, leaving edges uncovered (filling will be thin). Refrigerate for 2 hours or until filling is set.
PLACE remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag. Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth. Cut small hole in corner and bag and squeeze to drizzle over filling. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Garnish with lime slices. Cut into slices.
* To save time, 1 pkg. (18 oz.) NESTLÉ TOLL HOUSE ULTIMATES Refrigerated White Chip Macadamia Nut Cookie Bar Dough can be substituted for the crust recipe. Press cookie dough onto greased 12-inch pizza pan or baking sheet to measure an 8-inch circle. Bake in preheated 325° F oven for 16 to 18 minutes or until lightly golden.
Review This Recipe
My son-in-law's favorite!!
I knew my son-in-law loved Key Lime pie so I wanted to try these and see if they would be a hit with him and he loved them!!! Now he wants me to make them all the time. I love to make things that I know my family will like!! The rest of my family also like them! I'm so happy when I know I've made something everyone loves!! Wonderful recipe especially if your family loves keylime pie!!
Read More Reviews