Impress your family and friends with this delicious pumpkin chiffon pie complimented with a gingersnap cookie crust. It is easy to make and a perfect solution for entertaining.
- 1 3/4 cups finely ground gingersnap cookie crumbs (about 40, 2-inch cookies)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 2 envelopes (7 grams each) unflavored gelatin
- 1/4 cup very hot water
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (30 oz.) LIBBY'S® Easy Pumpkin Pie Mix
- 1 box (3.4 oz.) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 1/2 cups thawed, frozen whipped topping
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch deep-dish pie plate.
COMBINE crumbs and sugar in medium bowl. Stir in butter. Reserve 1/3 cup crumb mixture for topping. Press remaining crumb mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared pie plate.
BAKE for 8 minutes. Cool completely on wire rack.
PLACE gelatin in small saucepan. Pour water over gelatin; let stand for 1 minute. Heat over low heat, stirring often, until gelatin is dissolved. Add evaporated milk; heat, stirring frequently, until just hot (not boiling). Remove from heat.
BEAT pumpkin pie mix, pudding mix, evaporated milk & gelatin mixture and pumpkin pie spice in large mixer bowl on high speed for 3 minutes. Carefully fold in whipped topping. Spoon mixture into crumb crust. Sprinkle with reserved crumb mixture. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until firm enough to cut.
Review This Recipe
Gingersnap Pumpkin Chiffon Pie
Was very easy to make and had a really great flavor.Will make again