Gingersnap-Spiced Ice Cream Pie
Looking for a new twist on classic holiday desserts? Try this delicious Gingersnap-Spiced Ice Cream Pie; it’s a new take on the traditional taste of pumpkin pie that is not only delicious but cool and refreshing. The gingersnap crust offers just the right amount of crunch to this velvety ice cream pie. Topped with whipped topping and more gingersnaps, it’s a fun and flavorful addition to your family's holiday table.
- 30 gingersnap cookies, divided
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 carton (1.5 qt.) Vanilla DREYER'S or EDY'S® SLOW CHURNED® Light Ice Cream, slightly softened
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping, thawed
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE sugar, cinnamon, ginger and cloves in small bowl. Scoop one half of ice cream into crust. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon of sugar-spice mixture over ice cream, spread evenly with spatula or back of spoon. Repeat with remaining ice cream and sugar-spice mixture; spread evenly. Place dollops of whipped topping around edge of pie. Crumble remaining 5 cookies into 1/4-inch pieces. Sprinkle crumbled cookies over pie. Freeze for 2 hours or until firm.
REMOVE pie from freezer. Let stand for 10 minutes or until soft enough to cut.
• To soften ice cream, place in refrigerator for about 15 minutes.
• 1 3/4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice may be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger and cloves.
• For a pumpkin ice cream version of this recipe, substitute 1 carton (1.5 qt.) Pumpkin Limited Edition DREYER’S or EDY’S® SLOW CHURNED® Light Ice Cream (available during October and November) for the vanilla ice cream and spices. Scoop entire carton of ice cream into prepared crust. Top with dollops of whipped topping and crumbled cookies. Freeze as directed above.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Easy to make, good to eat
This pie is so easy the kids or a novice cook can make it. Try substituting chocolate cookies and mint chocolate chip ice cream. Fabulous!
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 320
- Calories from Fat: 130
- Total Fat: 15g (23% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 8g (40% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 40mg (13% of DV)
- Sodium: 200mg (8% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 45g (15% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 28g
- Protein: 4g
- Vitamin A: 10% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.