This Go-For-The-Grains casserole of vegetables, grains and beans is high in fiber and offers healthy doses of complex carbohydrates and protein. It is a beautiful and healthy addition to a meal.
- 2 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 small carrots, thinly sliced
- 1 cup loose-pack frozen whole-kernel corn
- 1/2 cup pearl barley
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup bulgur
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 ounces chopped fresh parsley
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Dissolve bouillon in water.
COMBINE beans, bouillon mixture, carrots, corn, barley, 1/3 cup parsley, bulgur, onion and garlic salt in 1 1/2-quart baking dish; cover.
BAKE, stirring once halfway through cooking time, for 60 to 70 minutes or until barley and bulgur are tender. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover; let stand for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Sprinkle with additional chopped fresh parsley.
Review This Recipe
Great for Vegetarians
This recipe was great. I replaced the Maggi Vegetable boullion cubes with liquid vegetable stock as the Maggi had MSG which I am allergic to. It was a great side dish for the vegetarian that ate with us. It was so good that everyone wanted some to eat.
Read More Reviews