Golden Corn Soup
Served warm or cold, this refreshing corn soup is garnished with a swirl of sour cream and a sprinkle of fresh herbs - a flavorful punch that will please your family and friends.
- 1 package (16 ounces) fresh corn with husks removed (4 medium ears)
- 2 cans (12 fluid ounces each) NESTLÉ CARNATION Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk or Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 celery stalk, sliced
- 2 large cloves garlic, chopped
- Kosher salt and ground black pepper for seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 2 large sprigs fresh thyme
- Light sour cream or crème fraîche (optional)
- Chopped fresh chives for garnish (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MEANWHILE, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 4 minutes or until translucent. Stir in carrot, celery, garlic and reserved corn kernels. Season with salt and ground black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
ADD vegetable mixture, water and thyme in saucepan; cover. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes. Discard corncobs and thyme. Cool mixture for about 10 minutes.
POUR soup into blender until it is half full; cover. Blend until smooth. Pour through a medium sieve into clean saucepan (discard contents of sieve). Repeat process with remaining soup. Reheat soup until heated through. Serve topped with swirl of sour cream and chives.
Cook's Tip: Soup is also great served chilled.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I made this soup thinking my husband wouldn't really care for it,was I wrong. He loved the fresh corn taste, its a keeper recipe.
Golden Summer Corn Soup
Even better than corn on the cob and not as messy. Plan to brown corn a bit with next batch for a 'cooked outdoors' flavor.
Added Crisp Bacon for even more flavor and crunch
The soup is very good, however, my family like a bit of meat in my one-dish meals. I added a garnish of crisp cooked bacon along with the sour cream and chives, and they absolutely raved. With fresh sweet corn available, I will make this soup often. It is even good the next day, reheated in the microwave on medium.
I love corn any way you fix it! This is really good. I like to add some leftover mashed potatoes to corn soup too, it adds a thickness and adds some more flavor.
This is a very delicious soup, I recommend it highly.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g (18% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 30mg (10% of DV)
- Sodium: 280mg (12% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 47g (16% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 16g
- Vitamin A: 50% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 50% of DV
- Iron: 0% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.