These Good-For-You Choc-Oat-Chip Cookies are fun to make. Totally easy...totally tasty!
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/4 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- 2 cups (12-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Grease baking sheets.
COMBINE flour, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in small bowl. Beat brown sugar, granulated sugar, margarine and applesauce in large mixer bowl until smooth. Beat in egg whites and vanilla extract. Gradually beat in flour mixture. Stir in oats, morsels and nuts; mix well. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto prepared baking sheets.
BAKE for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 12 to 13 minutes for crisp cookies. Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely.
Review This Recipe
Excellent cookies! I've shared this recipes with many friends. My sister sometimes substitutes a overripe banana for the applesauce with excellent results!
Read More Reviews