Greek Spinach Pie, called Spanakopitta in Greek is quick, satisfying and delicious when you use frozen creamed spinach and a pre-baked pie crust. This easy to make dish will quickly become a family favorite-it's great for entertaining, too.
- 2 packages (9-oz.) STOUFFER'S Creamed Spinach, defrosted according to package directions
- 1 (9-in.) pre-baked pie crust
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons dry dill
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350° F.
COMBINE creamed spinach, eggs, feta cheese, milk, flour, dill and pepper in medium bowl; pour into pie crust. Top with Parmesan cheese.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until set; let stand for 10 minutes.
Review This Recipe
I am Greek and my mother buys fresh spinach, ricotta cheese and non-frozen fillo dough and it is excellent. Next time try it this way and you will see what I am talking about.
Read More Reviews