Green Bean Frittata with Gouda & Parmesan Cheeses is a savory baked egg dish that is perfect for brunch, lunch or dinner. Cut the warm frittata into wedges and serve with your favorite tomato sauce or
white sauce. It has great color and texture too!
- 1 lb. frozen or fresh green beans, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces, cooked and drained*
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup medium onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk or NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded Gouda or Edam cheese
- 3/4 cup (3 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 9-inch springform pan. Wrap foil around bottom of pan.
MELT butter in medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion is tender. Place in large bowl. Add beans, evaporated milk, eggs, flour, Worcestershire sauce and black pepper; stir well. Stir in cheeses. Pour mixture into prepared pan.
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of frittata; remove side of springform pan. Serve warm with tomato sauce or white (béchamel) sauce.
*NOTE: To save time, 2 cans (14.5 oz. each) green beans, unheated and drained, can be substituted for the fresh or frozen beans.
Review This Recipe
A beatiful presentation
After presenting this dish to my family last night, here are some of their comments: A little light on flavor, Next time add a few diced potatoes, Use a different cheese. I love Frittata and would give it a 5, but the others all said 4...of course there wasn't a scrap left, so that says something. It did look beautiful, all crispy and golden brown. Try it, and don't be afraid to use variations. I will definitely make this again.
Read More Reviews