Green Beans, Tomatoes and Onion with Eggs
A delicious and hearty side dish that combines green beans, tomatoes, onion and eggs. Garlic and cilantro add extra flavor as well.
- 1 pound fresh green beans (approximately 75 beans total)
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 large Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 6 large eggs
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
BOIL 4 cups water in large pan; add green beans. Cook for about 6 minutes. Green beans will be al dente and not tender. Drain, rinse with cold water and set aside.
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in tomatoes, cilantro and green beans.
WHISK eggs, evaporated milk and bouillon in a large bowl. Pour into skillet with green bean mixture. Cook for about 5 minutes, carefully folding in the egg as it cooks. Remove from heat; serve immediately.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 140
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 8g (12% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2g (10% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 215mg (71% of DV)
- Sodium: 250mg (11% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 10g (3% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (13% of DV)
- Sugars: 4g
- Protein: 9g
- Vitamin A: 25% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.