Rice, spinach and cheese make a rich and creamy combination pepped up with diced green chiles in this Green Chile-Cheese Rice Casserole.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cans (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole.
MELT butter in large skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in rice, 1 1/2 cups cheese, spinach, sour cream, chiles and evaporated milk. Spoon into prepared casserole.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
Review This Recipe
My family really liked this recipe. It's quick to put together, and tastes great. I'll make it again.
Read More Reviews