Rice, spinach and cheese make a rich and creamy combination pepped up with diced green chiles in this Green Chile-Cheese Rice Casserole.
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 4 cups cooked white rice
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1 package (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups sour cream
- 3 cans (4 oz.) diced green chiles
- 3/4 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
PREHEAT oven to 375° F. Lightly grease 2-quart casserole.
MELT butter in large skillet. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender. Remove from heat. Stir in rice, 1 1/2 cups cheese, spinach, sour cream, chiles and evaporated milk. Spoon into prepared casserole.
BAKE for 45 to 50 minutes or until bubbly around edges. Sprinkle with remaining cheese; bake for an additional 5 to 7 minutes or until cheese is melted. Season with salt and ground black pepper, if desired.
Review This Recipe
Make it TEX-MEX
I added a can of Rotel tomatoes to give it a little zip. It gave it a real TEX-MEX flavor. The whole family loved it.
Read More Reviews