These savory enchiladas use leftover chicken and an easy to make green chile sauce that combines fresh ingredients and creamy evaporated milk. Delicious!
- 2 large pasilla chile peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 soft taco-sized corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Cotija cheese
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
PLACE chiles, onion, tomatillos, garlic, bouillon and water in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. If needed, add a little more water so that it blends easily. Transfer mixture to small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth. Remove from heat.
DAMPEN tortillas slightly with water on each side. On a microwave safe plate, heat 6 tortillas at a time for 20 seconds. Flip stack over and microwave again for 20 more seconds or until soft and pliable. Repeat with remaining 6 tortillas.
FILL each tortilla evenly with shredded chicken. Roll and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Pour green chile sauce over enchiladas, reserving 1 cup. Cover enchiladas with foil.
BAKE for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve topped with reserved sauce and cheese.