Green Chile Chicken Enchiladas
These savory enchiladas use leftover chicken and an easy to make green chile sauce that combines fresh ingredients and creamy evaporated milk. Delicious!
- 2 large pasilla chile peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 3 tomatillos, husks removed, rinsed and quartered (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 3 to 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 to 1/3 cup water
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 12 soft taco-sized corn tortillas
- 2 1/2 cups cooked, shredded chicken breast meat
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) crumbled Cotija cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE chiles, onion, tomatillos, garlic, bouillon and water in blender; cover. Blend until smooth. If needed, add a little more water so that it blends easily. Transfer mixture to small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium and cook, stirring occasionally, for 7 minutes. Stir in evaporated milk and cornstarch until smooth. Remove from heat.
DAMPEN tortillas slightly with water on each side. On a microwave safe plate, heat 6 tortillas at a time for 20 seconds. Flip stack over and microwave again for 20 more seconds or until soft and pliable. Repeat with remaining 6 tortillas.
FILL each tortilla evenly with shredded chicken. Roll and place seam side down in prepared baking dish. Pour green chile sauce over enchiladas, reserving 1 cup. Cover enchiladas with foil.
BAKE for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Serve topped with reserved sauce and cheese.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 500
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 13g (19% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 6g (29% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 105mg (36% of DV)
- Sodium: 1220mg (51% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 56g (19% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 6g (25% of DV)
- Sugars: 12g
- Protein: 42g
- Vitamin A: 35% of DV
- Vitamin C: 15% of DV
- Calcium: 50% of DV
- Iron: 15% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.