Serve this green mole sauce over chicken legs, or any chicken pieces you have available, for a quick and delicious meal. This creamy mole is quick to prepare and uses tomatillos, chiles, lettuce, cilantro and parsley, which is where all the green color comes from.
- 8 (1 1/2 to 2 pounds total) chicken legs, skin removed
- 1 1/2 pounds tomatillos, husked, rinsed and roughly chopped
- 2 serrano chiles, deveined and chopped
- 1 poblano chile, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped yellow onion
- 2 cups packed chopped iceberg lettuce
- 1/3 cup packed chopped cilantro
- 1/3 cup packed chopped parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) raw pepitas
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, roasted
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PLACE tomatillos, chiles, onion, lettuce, cilantro, parsley, garlic and pepper in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
HEAT oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Carefully add tomatillo mixture; stir. Cook for 5 minutes.
PLACE pepitas, evaporated milk, 1 cup reserved broth from cooking chicken and bouillon in blender; cover. Blend until smooth.
ADD pepita mixture to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes.
PLACE chicken on a serving plate; cover with about ¾ cup sauce. Sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and serve.
Cook's Tip: To roast the sesame seeds, place them in a pan. Cook, shaking pan until golden brown. Shake constantly to avoid burning.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 380
- Calories from Fat: 220
- Total Fat: 24g (37% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 5g (24% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 60mg (21% of DV)
- Sodium: 240mg (10% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 18g (6% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4g (17% of DV)
- Sugars: 8g
- Protein: 26g
- Vitamin A: 20% of DV
- Vitamin C: 30% of DV
- Calcium: 10% of DV
- Iron: 40% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.