This Grilled Beef, Squid and Shrimp platter is the perfect solution when you can't decide between meat or seafood. Lemongrass and Chinese 5-spice add exotic flavors.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh lemon grass
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese five spice
- 1 lb. beef tenderloin, thinly sliced
- 1 lb. raw jumbo shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 lb. calamari steaks, cut into 2 x 1-inch rectangles
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 scallions
- Hot cooked rice
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add lemon grass and garlic; cook until garlic is tender. Remove from heat; cool for 15 minutes. Strain oil into large bowl. Discard lemon grass and garlic.
ADD seasoning sauce, sugar and Chinese five spice to oil; whisk until well combined. Add beef, shrimp and calamari; mix thoroughly. Marinate in refrigerator for 1 hour.
HEAT butter on flat griddle over medium-high heat. Grill marinated beef for 5 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove beef and place in one layer on serving plate. Keep warm. Grill calamari for 5 minutes on each side or until lightly golden. Remove and place next to steak on serving plate. Grill shrimp for 5 minutes on each side or until bright pink. Place next to calamari on serving plate.
GRILL whole scallions for 5 minutes or until wilted. Garnish plate with grilled scallions.
SERVE with rice.