Grilled Chicken Breasts with Spicy Bolivian Sauce
Spicy hot yellow peppers, creamy goat cheese, nutty quinoa, and peanuts make these Grilled chicken breasts with Spicy Bolivian Sauce a special meal.
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Juice of 2 limes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- SPICY QUINOA SAUCE
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons hot yellow pepper paste or puree (aji amarillo) or habanero hot sauce to taste
- 1 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup unsalted dry roasted peanuts
- 1 pkg. (3.5 oz.) goat cheese or 2/3 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
ARRANGE chicken in 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Drizzle with lime juice. Season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle with tablespoon of olive oil. Marinate in refrigerator for 2 hours.
GRILL or broil chicken for about 6 minutes on each side or until no longer pink in center.
FOR SPICY QUINOA SAUCE:
HEAT 2 tablespoons olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, garlic and pepper paste. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Remove from heat; let stand for 5 minutes.
PLACE milk, quinoa, peanuts and onion mixture in blender or food processor; cover. Blend until smooth. Add the cheese; pulse a few times to blend. Return sauce to skillet. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, for 10 minutes or until creamy and heated through. Season with salt and pepper. (Makes about 2 cups)
TO SERVE, arrange chicken breasts on platter. Pour sauce over chicken.
• If sauce is too thick for your preference, thin with remaining evaporated milk.
• The sauce can be made a day ahead, covered and refrigerated until ready to use. To reheat, dilute with more evaporated milk as needed.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Very Flavorful and really easy to make.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 370
- Calories from Fat: 170
- Total Fat: 19g (29% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (35% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 95mg (32% of DV)
- Sodium: 490mg (20% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 11g (4% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 1g (4% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 36g
- Vitamin A: 6% of DV
- Vitamin C: 10% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.