Grilled Chicken with Chimichurri
Chimichurri is a traditional herb sauce from Argentina and is commonly used on grilled meats such as beef or chicken. The fresh parsley, oregano and garlic combine to create the ideal sauce to serve over chicken.
- 1 cup packed Italian flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano leaves
- 1 to 3 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sherry, white or red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup high-quality extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (about 1 1/4 pounds total) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
- Salt and ground black pepper
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
PREHEAT grill to medium-high.
PLACE chicken breasts on cutting board and cover with plastic wrap. Flatten with a rolling pin or kitchen mallet to about ¾-inch thickness. This will ensure the breasts cook evenly. Season chicken with salt and pepper.
GRILL chicken on each side for 6 to 7 minutes or until no longer pink and the juices run clear.
SPOON about 2 tablespoons chimichurri over each chicken breast; serve.
Chimichurri can be made in advance. Store in a covered container for up to 3 days. Bring back to room temperature before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 300
- Calories from Fat: 140
- Total Fat: 16g (25% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 2.5g (12% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 80mg (27% of DV)
- Sodium: 160mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 2g (1% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (2% of DV)
- Sugars: 0g
- Protein: 33g
- Vitamin A: 30% of DV
- Vitamin C: 40% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 10% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.