Grilled Pound Cake with Seasonal Berries and Apple-Ginger Syrup
Juicy berries add a flavorful flair to this Grilled Pound Cake with Seasonal Berries and Apple-Ginger Syrup. Top it with a scoop of ice cream for an extra special dessert.
- 1/3 cup Apple NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 3 slices (1/8-inch-thick) fresh ginger, smashed
- 1/2 teaspoon packed brown sugar
- 1 basket (16 ounces) strawberries, sliced
- 3/4 cup (one 4.4-ounce container) blueberries
- 1 package (10.75 ounces) frozen pound cake, thawed
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 3 1/4-inch or smaller star cookie cutters
- 1 container (14 ounces) DREYER'S or EDY'S GRAND Vanilla Bean Ice Cream
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE strawberries and blueberries in medium bowl; drizzle with apple-ginger syrup. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use (can be made up to one day ahead).
CUT pound cake in half; then cut into ½-inch-thick slices lengthwise (making 8 slices total). Using star-shaped cookie cutter, cut pound cake into star shapes, if desired. Spray grill pan with nonstick cooking spray. Heat pan over medium heat. Grill pound cake for about 2 minutes per side until golden.
TO SERVE: Place one slice of grilled pound cake in each of 8 bowls. Top with a scoop of ice cream and a scoop of berries and syrup.
Cook’s Tip: If you don’t have a grill pan, toast pound cake slices in a toaster or on a clean outdoor grill.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/8 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 270
- Calories from Fat: 100
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (33% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 85mg (28% of DV)
- Sodium: 160mg (7% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 37g (12% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (7% of DV)
- Sugars: 25g
- Protein: 5g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 50% of DV
- Calcium: 8% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.