Grilled Swordfish Kabobs with Avocado Butter features a soy based citrus and mustard marinade that results in a delicious main dish. Try substituting tuna in this great grilling recipe.
- AVOCADO BUTTER
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and mashed until smooth
- 1 to 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon MAGGI Seasoning Sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions, tops included
- SWORDFISH KABOBS
- 1/4 cup MAGGI TASTE OF ASIA Cooking Soy Sauce
- 1/4 cup canola or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 4 (about 1 1/2 pounds total) small swordfish or tuna steaks, cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 4 skewers
FOR AVOCADO BUTTER:
COMBINE avocado, butter, lemon juice, seasoning sauce and garlic powder in a small bowl; fold in sliced green onions. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
FOR SWORDFISH KABOBS:
COMBINE soy sauce, oil, lemon juice, lemon peel, garlic and mustard in a gallon-size resealable plastic bag; blend mixture with fingers.
ADD fish cubes to bag. Seal bag and place in the refrigerator to marinate for 1 to 3 hours.
THREAD fish onto skewers. Discard marinade.
PREHEAT grill or broiler.
GRILL or broil fish, turning over halfway through cooktime, for 4 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. Serve with Avocado Butter.
NOTE: If you are using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before threading.