Surprise your family with this Southern favorite! This Grits and Sausage Bake recipe is simple to prepare and so very tasty, everyone will want seconds. Try this at your next brunch.
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) breakfast sausage, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 3 cups water
- 3/4 cup ALBERS® Quick Grits
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 2/3 cup (5 fl.-oz. can) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce (optional)
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
PREHEAT oven to 350º F. Grease 8-inch-square baking dish.
BRING water to a boil in medium saucepan; slowly stir in grits. Cover; reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 6 minutes. Add 1 1/2 cups cheese, evaporated milk, garlic powder and hot pepper sauce; stir until cheese is melted. Add sausage and eggs; stir well. Pour into prepared baking dish.
BAKE for 1 hour. Top with remaining cheese. Bake for an additional 5 to 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and golden brown. Let cool for 10 minutes before serving. Season with ground black pepper.
NOTE: Batter can be made the day before; cover and refrigerate. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes before baking.
Review This Recipe
Grits & Sausage Bake
This was very good. The whole family enjoyed this dish.
Read More Reviews