Ham and Black Bean Soup
This Ham and Black Bean Soup is ready in 30 minutes and you'll find it delicious and hearty. Sprinkle with shredded cheese before serving.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
STIR in beans and juice, tomato sauce, ham, bouillon, vinegar, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Rainy Day Favorite
A family favorite. Easy and healthy.
Quick and easy!
We liked this soup. It was thick and hearty and really filling. It was quick and easy to prepare. I omitted the hot pepper sauce and used chicken boullion instead of vegetable and it was really tasty. A great alternative to pea soup for using up those ham leftovers!
Serving Size: 1/4 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.