Ham & Tater Corn Chowder
Pair familiar ingredients with new ideas to create surprising, easy dishes your family will request over and over again.
Handy ingredients make this hearty Ham & Tater Corn Chowder a perfect choice for a busy weeknight dinner. Your kids are sure to dive right in once they see their chowder topped with taters!
- 18 frozen potato puffs (such as TATER TOTS®)
- 2 cans (14 fl. oz. each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (8 oz.) cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz.) no-salt added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MEANWHILE, COMBINE broth and evaporated milk in large saucepan. Bring mixture just to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Add ham, potato flakes, corn, onion powder and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes until creamy and slightly thick. Top each serving with three potato puffs and green onions, if desired.
TATER TOTS® is a registered trademark of Promark Brands, Inc.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Ham & tater corn chowder
This recipe is quick easy and is very filling.
53 Degrees outside, warm house inside
I had leftover turkey and found this recipe. In 15 minutes my house was warm (tatertots in the oven) and our tummys were happy. This is a keeper.
Quick, Tasty Chowder
This recipe is very good. My diet doesn't include pork so I substituted the ham with sliced, sauteed, turkey sausage. That gave it a great taste. I would suggest this to anyone.
super easy chowder
My husband found this recipe, I tried it and it quickly became a favorite. I shared the recipe with some co-workers and it was a big hit with their families also.
Yummy in the tummy
Our family enjoyed this soup - my six year old son asked for seconds!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 340
- Calories from Fat: 110
- Total Fat: 12g (18% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 7g (35% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 55mg (18% of DV)
- Sodium: 740mg (31% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 38g (13% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 3g (12% of DV)
- Sugars: 15g
- Protein: 19g
- Vitamin A: 0% of DV
- Vitamin C: 100% of DV
- Calcium: 30% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.