This Ham and Black Bean Soup is ready in 30 minutes and you'll find it delicious and hearty. Sprinkle with shredded cheese before serving.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 MAGGI Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
STIR in beans and juice, tomato sauce, ham, bouillon, vinegar, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Review This Recipe
Rainy Day Favorite
A family favorite. Easy and healthy.
Quick and easy!
We liked this soup. It was thick and hearty and really filling. It was quick and easy to prepare. I omitted the hot pepper sauce and used chicken boullion instead of vegetable and it was really tasty. A great alternative to pea soup for using up those ham leftovers!