This Ham and Black Bean Soup is ready in 30 minutes and you'll find it delicious and hearty. Sprinkle with shredded cheese before serving.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 large red or green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, undrained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup chopped ham
- 2 MAGGI Vegetarian Vegetable Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 drops hot pepper sauce
- Shredded Monterey Jack cheese
HEAT oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until tender.
STIR in beans and juice, tomato sauce, ham, bouillon, vinegar, chili powder, cumin and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes or until flavors are blended. Sprinkle with cheese before serving.
Review This Recipe
Quick and easy!
We liked this soup. It was thick and hearty and really filling. It was quick and easy to prepare. I omitted the hot pepper sauce and used chicken boullion instead of vegetable and it was really tasty. A great alternative to pea soup for using up those ham leftovers!
Read More Reviews