Use every last bit of leftover ham in a comfortingly creamy soup seasoned with hearty cannellini beans and other on-hand staples like frozen peas. Make a larger batch and freeze to enjoy bowls of steaming and flavor packed Ham-It-Up White Bean Soup at any moment.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 can (14.5 fl. oz.) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 cups (about 6 oz.) cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (15.5 oz.) cannellini (white kidney) beans, undrained
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- Ground black pepper (optional)
HEAT oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring occasionally, for 1 to 2 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in flour. Gradually stir in evaporated milk and broth. Cook, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil. Add ham, beans and peas. Heat through. Season to taste with pepper.
• One cup coarsely chopped spinach leaves can be substituted for the peas.
Review This Recipe
Read More Reviews