Pair familiar ingredients with new ideas to create surprising, easy dishes your family will request over and over again.
Handy ingredients make this hearty Ham & Tater Corn Chowder a perfect choice for a busy weeknight dinner. Your kids are sure to dive right in once they see their chowder topped with taters!
- 18 frozen potato puffs (such as TATER TOTS®)
- 2 cans (14 fl. oz. each) reduced sodium chicken broth
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 cups (8 oz.) cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 3/4 cups instant mashed potato flakes
- 1 can (15 1/4 oz.) no-salt added whole-kernel corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sliced green onions (optional)
PREPARE potato puffs according to package directions.
MEANWHILE, COMBINE broth and evaporated milk in large saucepan. Bring mixture just to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat to low. Add ham, potato flakes, corn, onion powder and black pepper. Cook, stirring frequently, for 5 to 8 minutes until creamy and slightly thick. Top each serving with three potato puffs and green onions, if desired.
TATER TOTS® is a registered trademark of Promark Brands, Inc.
Review This Recipe
Ham & Tater Chowder
Simple to make, taste is great, wonderful treat in cold weather. My family loved it. A favorite with the whole family.
Read More Reviews