Hamburger Diane is a wonderful preparation. A little brandy, Worcestershire sauce and chopped parsley add elegant flavor dimension to this easy to prepare dish.
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 pound ground beef, shaped into 4 oval patties
- 4 thick slices French bread, toasted
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup warm water
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cube
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh parsley
HEAT 1 tablespoon butter in 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef patties. Cook until desired doneness, turning once. Arrange meat on French bread slices; keep warm.
SKIM off excess fat from skillet. Melt remaining butter; cook onion and garlic, stirring occasionally, until tender. Add water, brandy, Worcestershire sauce and bouillon. Heat to boiling. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 2 to 3 minutes or until slightly thickened. Pour over meat. Sprinkle with parsley.
NOTE: Can use 1 1/4 pounds sirloin steak, 1/2-inch-thick, cut into serving pieces.
Review This Recipe
This is a good basic recipe. Family enjoyed it. Tastes good, presents well, economical. Next time I would put a dash of worchestershire sauce in the hamburger patties as well and give it a bit more zing!
Read More Reviews