Try this versatile Hash Brown Casserole as a main or side dish for breakfast or brunch. This recipe calls for bacon, but it is a great recipe for leftover ham. If your family likes spice, try adding in some pepper jack cheese or crushed red pepper flakes.
- 2 cups (8 oz.) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 cartons (4 oz. each) cholesterol-free egg product or 6 large eggs, well beaten
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pkg. (30 oz.) frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, chopped
- 10 slices turkey bacon, cooked and chopped, or 1 cup diced ham
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking dish.
COMBINE cheese, egg product, evaporated milk, salt and black pepper in large bowl. Add potatoes, onion, bell pepper and bacon, mix well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
BAKE for 60 to 65 minutes or until set.
Review This Recipe
This dish was very good and very simple and fast to make. I will be making this on friday for our schools' potluck!!
Read More Reviews