Hazelnut Cream Scones
These tender scones with a hint of hazelnut can be made extra sweet by adding dried cherries and topping with a hazelnut flavored glaze. Perfect for a special breakfast or brunch, they are best served warm, but will hold for a day or two if needed.
- Parchment paper
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons frozen unsalted butter, chopped into small pieces
- 1/3 cup dried cherries or cranberries, chopped (optional)
- 3/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons Hazelnut Flavored NESTLÉ® COFFEE-MATE® natural bliss® All-Natural Coffee Creamer, divided
- 2 teaspoons turbinado or granulated sugar
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
COMBINE flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in large mixing bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender or 2 knives until mixture resembles coarse meal. Stir in cherries, if using.
ADD 3/4 cup Coffee-mate all at once to flour mixture; mix just until combined.
TURN dough onto a floured work surface. With floured hands, knead dough just a few times until mixture stays in a ball. Transfer the ball to the prepared baking sheet. Pat into a 7-inch circle, about 3/4-inch thick.
CUT dough into 12 wedges; separate the wedges. Brush tops with remaining 2 teaspoons Coffee-mate. Sprinkle with turbinado sugar.
BAKE for 13 to 15 minutes or until golden on top. Slide the parchment onto a wire rack; cool for 10 minutes before serving. Scones are best the day they are made, but will hold for 1-2 days in covered container.
Cook's Tip: To glaze tops of scones, combine ½ cup powdered sugar and 1 tablespoon Hazelnut NESTLÉ COFFEE-MATE NATURAL BLISS All-Natural Coffee Creamer in small bowl; stir well. Using a fork, drizzle over scones.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/12 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 170
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 7g (11% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4.5g (23% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 25mg (9% of DV)
- Sodium: 120mg (5% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 23g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0.5g (2% of DV)
- Sugars: 7g
- Protein: 2g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 4% of DV
- Iron: 6% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.