Heartland Vegetable Bake
This Heartland Vegetable Bake recipe is a colorful vegetable medley, combined with a low fat cream sauce, that will brighten any dinner table.
- 3 cups (about 3 medium) red or other waxy potatoes, coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli. cauliflower and carrot medley
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, divided
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat Free Milk
- 2 MAGGI Chicken Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1/8 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1/4 cup seasoned dry bread crumbs
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
MICROWAVE potatoes and water in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with frozen vegetables.
MELT 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
MICROWAVE remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until well combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
BAKE for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for an additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
I cooked this for My Wife when we first started dating and it helped make me look good in the Kitchen :) I cooked this along with Chickens Diane and crab crostini. GREAT MEAL! AWESOME!
Everyone in my house loved it!!!! I did add 1 and 1/2 cup of cubed chicken breast, and added squash and zucchini too... I was surprised all the kids ate it! Well all except the 4 yr old... lol... but 6, 10 and 11 loved it! My hubby went for late night seconds...
It looks good and sounds easy cant wait to try tonight.
Makes a Great Main Dish
We have made this several times, and usually use it as the main course and have a salad with it. I use fresh vegetables and leave out the boullion. Fresh adds some texture and you don't have to worry about adding water from the frozen veggies
I recently tried this recipe and I must say I was impressed with how easy and delicious it is! I have already made it a couple of times and will continue to make it. I love it!
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 175
- Calories from Fat: 55
- Total Fat: 6.1g (9% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 3.7g (19% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 18mg (6% of DV)
- Sodium: 746mg (30% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 21.5g (7% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 4.9g (20% of DV)
- Sugars: 2.3g
- Protein: 8.9g
- Vitamin A: 9% of DV
- Vitamin C: 50% of DV
- Calcium: 26% of DV
- Iron: 12% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.