Hearts of Palm Salad
This Hearts of Palm salad is a delicious summertime salad. Romaine lettuce is topped with colorful onion, tomatoes, bell pepper and hearts of palm and drizzled with a creamy dressing.
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, leaves torn or cut into 2 1/2-inch pieces (about 5 cups)
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced into rounds or halves
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper, any color, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (14 ounces) hearts of palm, chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- SALSA ROSA
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
LINE large platter or bowl with pieces of lettuce. Arrange onion, tomatoes, bell pepper and hearts of palm on top of lettuce leaves.
FOR SALSA ROSA:
COMBINE evaporated milk, ketchup, oil, vinegar and bouillon in medium bowl; whisk until sauce is evenly mixed and turns pink.
SERVE salad with salsa rosa on the side or drizzled on top.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/10 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 100
- Calories from Fat: 60
- Total Fat: 6g (10% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 1g (5% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 0mg (0% of DV)
- Sodium: 320mg (13% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 9g (3% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 2g (9% of DV)
- Sugars: 5g
- Protein: 3g
- Vitamin A: 40% of DV
- Vitamin C: 40% of DV
- Calcium: 6% of DV
- Iron: 8% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.