Hearty Beef Stew will warm chilled bones on a blustery winter day. Serve up steaming bowls of this simple and satisfying hearty meal. See more beef stew recipes here.
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thickly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) recipe-ready diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2 small carrots, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 MAGGI Beef Flavor Bouillon Cubes
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/4 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1 large potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
COMBINE flour, salt and pepper in medium bowl. Add beef; toss well to coat. Heat oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add beef, onion, celery and garlic. Cook, stirring frequently, for 6 to 8 minutes or until beef is no longer pink and vegetables are tender. Add tomatoes and juice, water, carrots, bouillon and thyme. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; cover.
COOK, stirring occasionally, for 25 minutes. Add potato; cover. Cook, stirring occasionally, for an additional 25 to 30 minutes or until beef is tender.
CROCKERY COOKER METHOD:
COOK beef, onion, celery and garlic as above. Spoon beef mixture into crockery cooker; cover with potato, tomatoes and juice, water, carrots, bouillon and thyme. Cover; cook on high heat for 5 to 6 hours or on low heat for 10 to 12 hours or until beef is tender.
Review This Recipe
You'll want to make extras...this ones a keeper. In fact, I have numerous requests to make again this week. Everything was simple to prepare and everyone loved the results. Sour cream on top is an added treat with xtra green onions. Make extra and freeze. You'll be gald you did!!!
Read More Reviews