Heavenly Chocolate Cheesecake features melted chocolate morsels and fluffy whipped cream for a luscious dessert your guests won't be able to resist.
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafer crumbs (about 50 cookies)
- 1 cup ground toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 envelope (.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
COMBINE crushed cookies, almonds, sugar and butter in medium bowl; mix well. Press firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
MICROWAVE morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand for 1 minute. Warm, stirring constantly, over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; remove from heat.
BEAT cream cheese, sour cream and melted chocolate in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in gelatin mixture and almond extract; fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Chill for about 3 hours or until firm. Run knife around edge of cheesecake; remove side of springform pan. Garnish as desired.
Review This Recipe
Very easy cheescake. I dont like chocolate but this one was very nice and light. I used chopped Skore bar on top, it gave nice finishing touch to it. Definitely will make again!!!! Thank you for the recipe!
Read More Reviews