Heavenly Chocolate Cheesecake features melted chocolate morsels and fluffy whipped cream for a luscious dessert your guests won't be able to resist.
- 2 cups crushed vanilla wafer crumbs (about 50 cookies)
- 1 cup ground toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 3/4 cups (11.5-oz. pkg.) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Milk Chocolate Morsels
- 1 envelope (.25 oz.) unflavored gelatin
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 pkgs. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
COMBINE crushed cookies, almonds, sugar and butter in medium bowl; mix well. Press firmly onto bottom and 2 inches up side of ungreased 9-inch springform pan.
MICROWAVE morsels in medium, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%) power for 1 minute; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If necessary, microwave at additional 10 to 15-second intervals, stirring just until morsels are melted. Sprinkle gelatin over milk in small saucepan; let stand for 1 minute. Warm, stirring constantly, over low heat until gelatin is dissolved; remove from heat.
BEAT cream cheese, sour cream and melted chocolate in large mixer bowl until fluffy. Beat in gelatin mixture and almond extract; fold in whipped cream. Pour into crust. Chill for about 3 hours or until firm. Run knife around edge of cheesecake; remove side of springform pan. Garnish as desired.
Review This Recipe
I made it for Mother's Day and took it to my mom's work! Everyone loved it! My mom even called me because someone who came by there tried it and just had to have the recipe! It was a hit!
Read More Reviews