A traditional pudding for holidays or any day. Try a twist with cranberries.
- 16 slices bread, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Caramel sauce (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
COMBINE bread and cranberries in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; combine well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
BAKE for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with caramel sauce.
Review This Recipe
Wonderful and Easy!!!
This was the first time I ever attempted to make bread pudding. My husband loves bread pudding and I was really surprised when he ate almost half of it when it came from the oven. It was easy, I always thought bread pudding was hard, but your recipe was very easy and very, very good. I even got complements from my mother!!
Read More Reviews