A traditional pudding for holidays or any day. Try a twist with cranberries.
- 16 slices bread, cubed
- 1 cup dried cranberries or raisins
- 2 cans (12 fl. oz. each) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 4 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Caramel sauce (optional)
PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 12 x 8-inch baking dish.
COMBINE bread and cranberries in large bowl. Combine evaporated milk, eggs, butter, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Pour egg mixture over bread mixture; combine well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish. Let stand for 10 minutes.
BAKE for 35 to 45 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Top with caramel sauce.
Review This Recipe
this brings back fond memories
I had been longing for bread pudding for quite sometime. I live in New York and I can assure you that there are a million in one varieties. I love your website so I decided to give it a try. It was sinfully delicious. I think if my grandma was here to taste it she would be well pleased. Thanks for helping me recall the great memories I shared with grandma
Read More Reviews