Holiday-Spiced Baked Custards
These individually baked custards bring the richness of the holidays to life. Featuring classic flavors like cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg in a creamy - yet easy to make – custard, this dish is sure to delight.
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 can (12 fl. oz.) NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Directions, Reviews, Nutrition
WHISK eggs, sugar, cinnamon, ginger, salt, cloves and nutmeg in large bowl until mixed. Stir in evaporated milk, water and vanilla extract. Pour egg mixture evenly into six, 6-ounce ramekins or custard cups. Place cups in 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Pour hot water into baking pan to a depth of 1-inch depth (about halfway up sides of ramekins).
BAKE for 35 to 40 minutes or until knife inserted near the center of one of the custards comes out clean. Remove cups to wire rack to cool slightly. Serve warm or place in refrigerator to cool completely. Once cool, cover with plastic wrap. Custards can be made up to 2 days in advance.
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice can be substituted for the cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg.
- To make pouring of egg mixture into ramekins easier, use a glass measure with spout or 1/2-cup measuring cup.
What did you think? Share Your Review »
Be the first to review this recipe!
Thank you for reviewing this recipe.
Serving Size: 1/6 of Recipe
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- Calories: 200
- Calories from Fat: 70
- Total Fat: 7g (11% of DV)
- Saturated Fat: 4g (20% of DV)
- Cholesterol: 160mg (53% of DV)
- Sodium: 300mg (13% of DV)
- Carbohydrates: 24g (8% of DV)
- Dietary Fiber: 0g (0% of DV)
- Sugars: 23g
- Protein: 8g
- Vitamin A: 4% of DV
- Vitamin C: 0% of DV
- Calcium: 20% of DV
- Iron: 4% of DV
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.