Lisa Speer created this Holiday-spiced treat for the Nestlé Kitchens Holiday cookie contest. The combination of cocoa, ginger, coffee, and mint flavors are a perfect blend for the season. This will quickly be one of your favorite holiday cookies.
Visit the Nestlé Kitchens for more great cookie recipes.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Baking Cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon NESCAFÉ TASTER'S CHOICE House Blend 100% Pure Instant Coffee Granules
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, diced
- 1/2 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Dark Chocolate & Mint Morsels, plus 3/4 cup Mint Morsels for glaze (will need 2 packages)
SIFT flour, baking cocoa, baking soda, cinnamon, salt, coffee granules, ginger and cloves together into a large bowl; whisk well.
COMBINE granulated sugar and brown sugar in a separate large bowl. Add butter; beat with an electric mixer on medium speed until a thick paste forms. Add corn syrup, eggs and vanilla extract; continue beating until incorporated. Gradually beat in flour mixture until just moistened. Stir in 2 1/2 cups of chocolate and mint morsels; cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
PREHEAT oven to 300° F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
DROP dough by heaping tablespoons onto prepared baking sheets, spacing at least 2 inches apart.* Bake for about 20 minutes, or until set but still soft (cookies will spread thinly as they bake and will become crisp as they cool). Use the parchment paper lining to immediately lift cookies off baking sheets and transfer to wire racks. Allow to cool completely.
PLACE remaining ¾ cup mint morsels in a heavy-duty resealable plastic storage bag. Microwave on HIGH (100%) power for 30 seconds; knead bag. Continue microwaving at 10-second intervals, kneading bag after each interval, until smooth. Cut a small hole in one corner of bag; gently squeeze to drizzle desired amount of glaze over each cookie. Allow glaze to set before serving.
* If you need to re-use a baking sheet in order to bake all the cookies, make sure it is completely cool before lining with parchment and adding dough.