Holiday Sweet Potatoes with Cranberries is an elegant twist on a holiday favorite featuring additional citrus flavors. Top with toasted pecans or walnuts for a festive flair!
- 2 1/2 lb. sweet potatoes or yams, scrubbed and peeled
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter or margarine
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups frozen cranberries
- 1 cup Orange Tangerine Flavor NESTLÉ® JUICY JUICE® 100% Juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1/3 to 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, toasted (optional)
CUT sweet potatoes in half lengthwise. Cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick pieces.
MELT butter in large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in cloves. Add potatoes; cover. Cook, stirring once or twice, for 12 to 18 minutes or until almost tender.
STIR in cranberries, Juicy Juice and orange peel. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; cover. Cook for 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Stir in syrup; heat through. Sprinkle with nuts before serving.
Review This Recipe
Sweet potatoes with cranberries
I liked this recipe very much, and so did everyone at my Thanksgiving table. It was easy to make and tasted delicious. It had a subtle sweetness without being heavy. I used fresh cranberries instead of frozen and pure maple syrup. I also put some vegetable oil on the raw pecans and toasted them in the oven with the turkey for about 10 minutes. I got nothing but rave reviews from my guests. Thank you for an original and tasty meal.
Read More Reviews